Saturday, March 5, 2011

Saving CeeCee Honeycutt

Since having a baby, I have found it more difficult to find time to read. But I thought it was important that I make some time because of the fact that I love to read so much. It hasn't been easy, and it has taken me a while, but I just finished my first book this year.


Saving CeeCee Honeycutt is written by Beth Hoffman and it is a New York Times bestseller. Here is the summary:

"Twelve-year-old CeeCee is in trouble. For years, she's taken care of her mother, Camille, the town's tiara-wearing, lipstick-smeared laughingstock, a woman who is trapped in her long-ago moment of glory as the 1951 Vidalia Onion Queen. When tragedy strikes, Tootie Caldwell, CeeCee's long-lost great-aunt, comes to the rescue and whisks her away to Savannah. There, CeeCee is catapulted into a perfumed world of prosperity and Southern eccentricity -- one that appears to be run entirely by strong, wacky women. Both hilarious and heartbreaking, Saving CeeCee Honeycutt charts the journey of an unforgettable girl who loses one mother, but finds many others in the storybook city of Savannah."

It was SO wonderful! The characters are amazing, and it was so much fun to read that I found myself smiling.

I HIGHLY recommend it, and hope that the author decides to continue this story in another book.

No comments:

Post a Comment